My playlist! :)

Friday, July 23, 2010

pre- BET awards, MY learning experience, LA!











So this past June I had the honor to experience the 2010 BET awards. It was my first time ever in LA and I enjoyed it to the fullest. Not only was it super fun but an unexpected learning experience and a quick taste of what I should expect when I enter into the entertainment industry. I met great people, enjoyed great food, and even met a distant cousin I had never met before! :)

The learning experience: While I was in LA I was my mother's assistant in the radio room for all the pre-BET awards activities. My job was to get her food and water when she needed it, update her twitter and facebook, ustream the interviews and take pictures. Oh and get all the celebs over to the table for interviews!! Which wasn't as easy as it may sound. To break it down the bigger the artist the harder it is to get them because EVERYBODY wants them. If they were scheduled to perform on the show it was even harder. Andddd if they were an athlete it was nearly impossible! I held my own though and got EVERYBODY I wanted too. I will admit that I was kind of nervous because I had to go up to all these big label people and introduce myself and hoped they took me seriousl...But you have to speak things into existence. Deep inside I KNEW I was going to get the positive attention and respect I demanded and nothing else. I wasn't going to look like some groupie or like a lil 16 year old they would NEVER take seriously. Like my mother said "Your either going to be THE bitch or THE hoe." I choose bitch! What smart girl with a good head on her shoulders wouldn't? Anywho, working with my mommy gave me a solid look on what I wanted to do when I get older. By the end of the weekend my mind was set and the connections were made. I have it all planned out. I don't think you all will see my name in lights or anything but trust, my name will be well known! And I'm-a be good at it too! I was soo proud that weekend and left LA with a new attitude and confidence!

I hope you enjoy the pics

** Some of them aren't coming up! ggrrr but I'm working on it! :) ** The list and pics go on!




No comments:

Post a Comment